Working with Australians
A Working Effectively with Australians programme will enable you to develop practical strategies to build professional relationships with your Australian counterparts.
The course will give you insights into Australian communication styles and workplace preferences and you will learn how to adapt your own style and behaviours to create more successful relationships.
Modern Australia is a multicultural and diverse country offering distinct social, cultural and economic advantages. Egalitarianism, openness and individualism are crucial aspects of Australian business culture. Build more effective relationships with Australians through increased cultural intelligence and a global skill set.
Benefits of Working Effectively with Australians training course
A Working Effectively with Australians course will provide you with:
- A comprehensive understanding of Australian culture and business values
- An overview of Australian expectations of business and social behaviours
- An appreciation of the potential challenges you may encounter while working with Australians
- An awareness of similarities and contrasts between Australian culture and your own
- Practical strategies for communicating effectively with your Australian colleagues, partners and suppliers
Who should attend?
This course will be of benefit to you if you are:
- Collaborating on a project or as part of a team with Australian colleagues
- Establishing a joint venture with Australian partners
- Employed within an Australian organisation
- Working remotely with Australian colleagues
All our training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their specific requirements and existing skill set. This course will typically include:
- Cultural profile of Australia: geographical and political overview, population, customs and traditions
- Key Australian cultural values and attitudes in the workplace: egalitarianism, openness, individualism
- Building successful relationships with Australians
- Developing rapport and trust
- Collaborative working and the impact of a results-oriented outlook on business
- Working practices in Australian business: organisation and hierarchy, meetings and the decision making process
- Australian business culture: egalitarianism and authority, group vs. the individual and attitudes towards time
- Communicating effectively with Australian counterparts: directness, formalities and greetings, personal space and eye contact, Australian humour
- Successful virtual working: challenges and strategies
- Potential challenges of working with Australians and practical solutions for overcoming them
Working Effectively with Australians programmes are available seven days a week, 365 days a year, either at one of our training centres in London, Paris, Brussels, Frankfurt and New York or at your offices in any location worldwide. We usually recommend a one or two day course but can also offer a more flexible format to suit your schedule. Suitably tailored training materials will be provided and your trainer will provide a balance of structured input and discussion of case studies, critical incidents and scenarios relevant to your own particular context. The most appropriate training format, content and approach for your programme will be discussed during your diagnostic consultancy.